The fireplace is one of the most romantic features in a home. It not only adds to the beauty of the room, but also creates an ambiance that people really love. There are many heating options nowadays which is why fireplace services have become more popular than ever before. Fireplace installation companies are easy to find these days and can be found even online.
Considerations for Installing a Fireplace
Before you decide on what kind of fireplace is best for your house, several factors should be considered or one may not be certain that he or she has made the right choice. The first thing to consider is the size and placement of the hearth. Then, an option as how it will be built and finally, how it will be used. All this is very important before choosing a fireplace installation company.
There are several aspects to consider before you choose which type of fireplace is right for your home:
- Physical size of the area where it will be placed. There are many different sizes available for fireplaces, so it is important to make sure that the chosen one will fit perfectly in the desired place. The hearth, or floor space surrounding the fireplace should be clear before you choose your preferred design.
- The top structure. An “open-faced” fireplace has the top made of brick or smooth stone. The sides are built with thick blocks. A “raised-faced” one has its sides extended above the hearth for better protection against heat and sparks.
- The function of the fireplace – decorative, functional or both? An open fire is purely decorative. A functional fireplace is one which has a cooking surface. A combination of the two types is necessary if you want to have both functional and decorative purposes for your fireplace.
- The type of fuel used – gas, electricity or wood? If the fireplace will be fueled by solid fuels such as coal, it may need an outside source to vent the fumes and smoke.
The Type of Fireplace that is Best for You
When choosing the fireplace that’s right for you, remember that fireplaces come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. (Pipefiks) There are so many factors to consider such as your individual needs, your space requirements and the amount of heat you want. The best way to find the right fireplace for you is to visit a few dealers and see what’s available.(https://pipefiks.no/piperehabilitering/)
5 Common Myths about Fireplaces
- A fireplace should be located in the middle of a room, this is not always true as there are some fireplaces that can be fixed on a wall, can be raised from the ground source or can be set on the floor. (https://www.pipefiks.no/tjenester/staalpiper)
- Fireplaces are not recommended for homes with children, there are some parents who would want their children to stay away from fire but still have a fireplace, so they find ways around this by installing childproof safety grates or screens to keep them safe.
- It is easier and cheaper to install a fireplace in a finished wall, some people find it more affordable to install a fireplace on the walls that are not yet finished. Finishing the wall after already installing a functional fireplace can be done easily and is a lot cheaper than hiring a contractor to do it for you.
- A manufactured fireplace mantel may be too high or too low, they can be adjustable to your desired height.
- A gas fireplace is safer than a log or wood burning one, any kind of fire has its dangers but with proper precautions and safety measures, it will be safe for you and anyone in the house.